As we eagerly anticipate the joyous celebration of Jesus’ birth, over 3 billion people worldwide have few or no opportunities to hear that God sent His Son so they could know Him. Nearly 7,000 people groups are least-reached: without access to a church that preaches the gospel in their language and worships in a culturally relevant way.
In this season of joyful expectation, we invite you to join us in focused Advent prayer for those who haven’t yet heard the good news of Christ’s coming, and for those seeking to share the gift of God’s Son in least-reached communities.
Week One: Sunday, December 3. Pray for Buddhists
- More than 80 percent of the over 600 Buddhist people groups worldwide are least-reached. Ask God to call believers to share the good news among these groups.
- Pray for wisdom for Christar workers as they seek to share the gospel with Buddhists in culturally relevant ways.
- Ask God to open the hearts of Buddhists to the good news and give them a desire to know Jesus.
- Ask God to break down obstacles that can make it difficult for Buddhists to accept the gospel.
- Pray that Buddhists who are considering Christ will follow Him regardless of the cost.
- Pray for courage for believers in Buddhist communities who are facing pressure from their families to participate in Buddhist practices.
- Lift up the Deaf living in Buddhist communities, asking God to send believers to them who can communicate the gospel in their heart language.
Week Two: Sunday, December 10. Pray for Hindus
- The vast majority of the over 1.1 billion Hindus worldwide don’t have access to a church that proclaims the message of Christ in their language and worships in a way that’s relevant in their culture. Ask God to call more Christians to serve among them.
- Ask God to give wisdom to workers seeking to share the gospel in culturally relevant ways in Hindu communities.
- Pray that Hindus who’ve heard the gospel will accept Jesus as the only way to God.
- Pray for courage for Hindus considering Christ, asking that they’ll take a step of faith.
- Ask God to call believers to share the gospel among the Deaf living amid Hindu communities.
- Lift up Hindu-background believers whose families oppose their faith. Pray they will walk closely with the Lord and lead others to Him.
- Ask God to build His church among Hindus of every caste.
Week Three: Sunday, December 17: Pray for Muslims
- Nearly one in four people worldwide is a Muslim, and the majority have never heard the gospel. Ask God to raise up more believers to share the gospel in Muslim communities.
- Ask God to give Muslims a desire to know God personally and experience the hope and peace He offers.
- Pray for wisdom for Christar workers as they seek to share the gospel with Muslims in culturally relevant ways.
- Pray for perseverance for workers serving among Muslims when they don’t see visible fruit from their efforts.
- Ask God to open opportunities to share the good news among the Deaf living amid Muslim communities.
- Lift up Muslim-background believers, asking God to give them courage in sharing the gospel with their families.
- Pray that many Muslims will embrace Jesus as their risen Savior, who died and lives for them.
Week Four: Sunday, December 24: Pray for Refugees
- Ask God to continue to open opportunities to share Him with least-reached people in the midst of the refugee crisis.
- Ask God to draw the hearts of refugees to the hope and eternal refuge that’s found only in Him.
- Ask God to use the generosity of believers around the world to meet the growing needs of refugees.
- Pray for wisdom for cross-cultural workers and local pastors as they seek to use their resources wisely to meet refugees’ needs.
- Ask God to heal the hearts of refugees who’ve endured tragedy, trauma and loss.
- Ask God to work through Christians who’ve been displaced to share the gospel where they resettle or back in their home countries.
- Pray that believers in the countries where refugees are resettling will reach out, demonstrating God’s love through compassion and service.