The Iraqi Refugee Outreach Project supports outreach to Arabic-speaking refugees from Muslim, Yazidi, Christian and Sabean backgrounds in the United States. Through this project, Christar workers seek to address spiritual issues while meeting tangible needs, and to mobilize local Christians to reach out to refugees living near them. These workers serve on church-planting teams in several locations in the U.S.
Funds given toward the Iraqi Refugee Outreach Project help cover the cost of English classes, children’s Bible clubs, Arabic materials for outreach, Arabic church services and transporting children to programs and events. For example:
- $5 covers the cost of a toy for the Bible club “store,” used to provide incentive for children to attend regularly.
- $10 pays for snacks for Bible club for one week.
- $40 allows workers to transport four children to Bible clubs for one month.
- $100 covers the cost of Christmas food and gifts for the Arabic church.
Pray for the Iraqi Refugee Outreach Project
- Praise God for working in the midst of the refugee crisis to bring least-reached people to places where they can hear the gospel.
- Ask God to open the hearts of refugees as they hear the gospel though Christar workers.
- Ask God to provide to provide needed funds.