- Pray: Seek God’s direction.
- Determine your specific internship requirements.
- Talk to your church leadership.
- Complete a Preliminary Information Form.
- Explore opportunities.
- Connect with Christar’s mobilization department to discuss potential options.
- Complete an application.
- Obtain references from people such as your sending church pastor, friends and leaders who know you well.
- Get a background check.
- Raise prayer support—at least 10 daily prayer partners.
- Raise financial support.
- Build a relationship with your field host.
- Create a travel plan, including a visa, immunizations and flights.
- Complete Blaze, a four-day pre-field orientation (January or May in Richardson, Texas) that’s required for internships over three weeks in duration.
- Complete Manarah Muslim outreach training (three weeks, optional).
- Learn, invest and experience God’s transforming work as you are mentored by a long-term team serving among the least-reached.
- Fulfill necessary coursework and reporting for internship credit.
- Consider how you’ll continue to pursue your part in the Great Commission. What are your next steps?
Preparation for an internship typically takes at least three to four months, so don’t wait. Get started now!