- Pray: Seek God’s direction.
- Talk to your church leadership.
- Complete a Preliminary Information Form.
- Connect with a Christar mentor.
- Explore opportunities.
- Complete an application.
- Obtain references from people such as your sending church pastor, friends and leaders who know you well.
- Get a background check.
- Raise prayer support—at least 10 daily prayer partners.
- Raise financial support.
- Build a relationship with your field host.
- Create a travel plan, including a visa, immunizations and flights.
- Complete Blaze, a four-day pre-field orientation (January or May in Richardson, Texas) that’s required for internships over three weeks in duration.
- Complete Manarah Muslim outreach training (three weeks, optional).
- Complete Darshan Hindu outreach training (two weeks, optional).
- Learn, invest and experience God’s transforming work as you are mentored by a long-term team working among the least-reached.
- Consider how you’ll continue to pursue your part in the Great Commission. What are your next steps?
Preparation for a short-term trip typically takes at least three to four months, so don’t wait. Get started now!