Seeking True Refuge
Over 70 million people worldwide has been forcibly displaced. Many of these refugees, internally displaced people and asylum-seekers have never heard the gospel. For example, refugees from Iran come from a land where over 99 percent of the population has no access to a church that preaches the gospel in their language and culture. In the midst of the refugee crisis, God is at work! He’s bringing many displaced people to countries where believers can freely share the gospel with them. This is a historic opportunity to minister to some of the least-reached people on earth.
Christar is driven by a passion to establish churches among the least-reached, those who do not have access to a church in their own language, culture or in proximity to where they live. We trust the Lord to work through us as we send teams to cultivate Christ-honoring transformation in refugee communities throughout the world where He is not yet known or worshiped.
Our Heritage of Ministry Among the Displaced
Our outreach to the displaced reaches back to our roots in the Iran Interior Mission, which began as an orphanage for children who’d arrived in Iran from neighboring countries following World War I. Today, we’re blessed to be used by God to meet the physical needs of refugees, while sharing the hope that’s found only in Him:
- Thousands of refugees have been given access to the gospel as Christar workers have partnered with local believers to give out SD cards loaded with the Bible and Christian resources.
- Workers in the Middle East are partnering with local churches to distribute aid to the displaced. Many of these refugees are placing their faith in Christ as they experience His love firsthand.
- A Christar worker began a Virtual High School program to enable young refugees to resume their education. Through this outreach, this worker is able to prepare her students to continue their studies when they arrive in their host country, and share the hope of Christ with entire families.
- Christar interns are using their gifts and skills to cultivate Christ-honoring transformation among refugees in the Málaga Valley.
One Christar worker shares, “The Church has a major role to play today in each of the countries that are receiving refugees. It is in the hands of the Church to turn this challenge around, that it may become a source of blessing to the Church, the refugees and the country.”
We seek to be a catalyst of this blessing! As Christar workers reach out in compassion, we trust God to draw many refugees to faith in Christ, the true refuge.
How can I get involved?
- Praise God for opening the hearts of refugees to the gospel.
- Pray for wisdom for Christar workers and local Christian leaders as they seek to meet the vast needs of refugees.
- Ask God to provide the funds needed to provide aid and outreach materials for refugees.
- Pray that many more refugees will become followers of Christ as they experience the love of believers.
- Your gift to the Christar Relief and Refugees Fund will enable Christar workers to meet the physical needs of refugees while sharing the hope of Christ with them.