Although France is often thought of as a historically Christian nation, today it’s home to over 5 million Muslims—a group seven times larger than the evangelical Christian population! Many are first-generation immigrants and few have heard the gospel.
The Lighthouse of Friendship serves as a hub for outreach and discipleship among these least-reached people. Established in 2003 by a Christar church-planting team, this ministry center has become a place where individuals from a range of nationalities can experience the love of followers of Christ.
Through a wide variety of creative outreaches, Christar workers at the Lighthouse of Friendship meet needs in the community while connecting with people in need of Christ. Programs such as language classes, cooking and craft activities, ladies’ folk dance nights and care fairs, sports activities and children’s carnivals give both workers and local believers opportunities to build relationships and share the gospel with those who have few opportunities to hear it.
For example, Sarra* heard the good news at the Lighthouse of Friendship, but she was afraid of how her husband would react if she became a Christian. God used the many hours she spent with believers at the Lighthouse of Friendship to help her overcome her fear. Despite harsh opposition from her family, Sarra placed her faith in Christ.
Your gift to the Lighthouse of Friendship will enable least-reached people in France to hear the gospel and experience the love of believers! Funds raised for the Lighthouse of Friendship help cover the cost of this ministry center’s creative outreaches, so that workers can continue build cultural bridges in order to to share the good news with France’s least-reached people.
- $12 buys one French/Arabic Bible.
- $30 pays for one woman to attend a language class outreach.
- $100 buys a new folding table for the ministry center.
- $250 covers operating expenses for one week.
- $2000 would replace the aging sound system.
- $10,000 is needed to repair the facade of the ministry center.
Pray for the Lighthouse of Friendship Project:
- Praise God for giving workers many opportunities to connect with least-reached people through the Lighthouse of Friendship.
- Pray for wisdom for Christar workers at the Lighthouse of Friendship as they reach out to asylum seekers, refugees and immigrants of many nationalities.
- Ask God to continue to bring least-reached people who are open to the gospel to this ministry center.
- Pray that many lives will be transformed as they hear the gospel and interact with followers of Christ.
- Ask God to provide the finances needed to make repairs necessary to meet city requirements, so the Lighthouse of Friendship can continue to reach out in its community.