Short Term Ministry
If you would like to learn more about short-term opportunities, fill out our inquiry form.
If long-term missions is on your radar, but the details are still unclear, you’re not alone. In fact, you’re the reason that Christar has a Short Term Ministries Office.
Maybe you’ve started asking yourself some questions:
• How do I decide what missions organization to serve with?
• Should I really invest my life in cross-cultural ministry?
• What is the day-to-day life of a missionary really like?
• Where does God want me to serve?
If so, consider a short-term experience with Christar.
Christar short-term opportunities are specifically designed to give you a taste of what it is like to be on a church-planting team and help you determine how the Lord is leading you to serve Him. We strive to provide you with a firsthand experience of what it’s like to minister among least-reached Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims or other Asians—under the guidance of people who are already doing it.
You are faced with a big decision, and we’ll be here to walk alongside you as you seek God and His will. We will help you prepare for your short-term trip and we will pray regularly for you. Above all, we want you to serve God wherever and with whomever He leads. We want God to be glorified and known, both in the nations and in your life as you follow Him.
Our single goal, church planting—the establishing of God-glorifying, Christ-centered communities—is a process not an event. Least-reached peoples take time to get to know and develop relationships with, making this ministry a difficult and long-term endeavor.
Our Short Term Ministries Opportunities (two weeks to two years) are developed with this in mind. Often, our specific experiences will satisfy college or seminary internship requirements.
As an organization focused on the single goal of church planting, our short-term experiences are designed in close partnership with our teams around the world. We encourage anyone interested in Christar Short Term Ministries to:
- Continue to pray and seek the Lord’s direction about the timing and location of your journey. It is also never too soon to begin praying for your prayer and financial supporters.
- Share your desire with your pastor.
- Complete a Preliminary Information Form, so we can start getting to know each other.